- Interest Groups
- What's On
- Rules for Monthly Competitions
- Print Competition
- Projected Digital Image Competition
- Competition Set Subjects
- End Of Year Competition Rules
- End of Year Competition Results
- Photo-book Competition
- VAPS Tulips Downunder Competition
- Competition Scores
- Accessing club facilities
The Melbourne Camera Club offers a vibrant community of photographic enthusiasts keen to improve their own photography and learn more about photography as an art form. New members are always welcome.
Members enjoy unlimited access to its meetings, competitions and events (see What’s On), a weekly email newsletter, and the Club’s quarterly magazine, Exposure. Members also have the opportunity to hire and use the Club’s darkroom, studio and lighting equipment for a nominal fee.
The initial membership subscription covers one calendar year. The next renewal will be for a pro-rata period to the next 31 December.
As well as “Ordinary membership”, the Club offers a range of “Concessional membership” categories at a reduced subscription rate. Those categories are:
- Pensioners – for applicants who are recipients of a Commonwealth Government pension;
- Youth/student – for applicants who are under 18 years of age, or full time students under 25 years of age;
- Family – for applicants who are the domestic partner or child of a member, and live at the member’s address;
- Country – for applicants who permanently reside more than 40km from the Club rooms.
Applicants seeking a Concessional membership will need to provide evidence of their entitlement to the concession.
Additionally, the Club offers a reduced first year membership rate for Provisional members (people who have completed the Club’s Introduction to Photography Course) taking up Ordinary membership.
Current subscriptions rates are:
|Transfer from Provisional membership||$110|
To join, fill out an Application for Membership which can be downloaded here or picked up at the Club.
Completed “Application for Membership” forms can be delivered in person at a Thursday meeting, mailed to our postal address shown below, or emailed to the Treasurer.
Payments can be made in cash, cheque or money order, an electronic funds transfer or direct bank deposit. Credit Card & EFTPOS are currently not available. For electronic funds transfers or direct bank deposit our bank details are:
Account name: Melbourne Camera Club
BSB: 063 010
Acct No: 1005 3199
Commonwealth Bank, 385 Bourke St Melbourne Branch
If you make payment by electronic funds transfer or direct deposit, please send an email to the Treasurer with details of the date of the deposit, the amount and include who the payment is for in the reference for the transaction.
Cheques or money orders should be made payable to Melbourne Camera Club.
Melbourne Camera Club
PO Box 1180
South Melbourne 3205, Victoria